Ranger EA Review
Easy To Use?
Over the last 10 years or so I’ve tested many MANY forex robots (EA’s) for MT4 and most of them have been a real disappointment. I post some of my findings on my Youtube channel, where I have a lot of reviews for bots that have ended badly. It, therefore, gives me great pleasure to have tested the Ranger EA as well as the copy trading service, as this one seems to outperform any EA I’ve tested before now. Initially, this post was my Ranger EA review, but since testing this EA, the developer of this bot has since created 3 even better EAs – Powerhouse EA, Comeback Kid EA and Sharpshooter. This is therefore a review of all of the EAs that can be found at Responsible Forex Trading.
Ranger EA Review
Here is my full video review of Ranger EA, including an interview with the developer, Ryan Brown;
- Trades GBPCAD & AUDCAD
- A license can be used on UNLIMITED REAL/DEMO accounts!
- Instant download after purchase!
- Projected monthly profit of 2-6% (default settings)
- Auto-compounding – The Ranger EA will automatically detect your account size and leverage and trade accordingly!
- No complicated set-up. Self-installer installs all the necessary files for you in MT4
- 24/7 support
- Access to a private Discord group
|✅ Easy To Use||❌ Data Can Be Slow/Inaccurate|
|✅ Convenient For Tracking Your Portfolio||❌ Recently Acquired By FTX|
|✅ Free To Use|
Ranger EA is a forex trading robot for MT4 developed by Ryan Brown. Ryan is a full-time trader and has developed over 100 trading bots throughout his trading career. Ranger EA is his most successful trading bot to date and has a proven track record both with backtesting (13 years profitable) and live trading (15 months of live trading results on myfxbook, see below). At the time of writing, this EA is on version 4.2 and has been continually developed and improved for over 6 years. The EA uses GBPCAD and AUDCAD, trading both pairs from the same account and using 2 indicators for the trading parameters. The bot does not trade continually, and it can be a few days between trades, however, the bot will enter a trade whenever the trade parameters are hit, and it will fully manage these trades without the need for any input from the bot owner. This is therefore a completely hands-free EA (although it does require settings up and configuring) and no trading experience is required in order to run this forex robot.
Typically the bot makes about 4.75% return per month, and gains are automatically compounded using Ranger’s built-in money management feature.
Perhaps the best feature of the Ranger EA though is the way the bot manages risk. Although the returns are very good, the robot only trades with a small percentage of the account, meaning risks are relatively low, and this is reflected in the drawdown, in which at the time of writing (Feb 2021) the bot has a DD of just 10.19% from 13 months of trading.
Whilst I’m not a big fan of backtesting forex robots, Ryan has used very good quality modeling data to provide an indication of how the robot would have performed over the last 10 years. It’s encouraging to note that the live trading results Ryan has achieved are the same as those shown in the backtesting result, so they seem to be an accurate reflection of what this forex robot can do. However, I should note that past results are no guarantee of future results and there are no guarantees that the robot will continue to perform at this level over the coming months and years. With that being said, the results shown in the backtesting are impressive;
I’m normally not a fan of backtesting results (I’ve seen too many sales pages that have no live trading results and rely on questionable backtesting to “prove” that their EA will be profitable), but Ryan has every tick data to get an accuracy score (according to MT4) of 99.90%. Although I suggest that the results should still be taken with a pinch of salt, the backtest results have been similar to the live testing results so far, suggesting they might be fairly accurate. Keep in mind also that past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
The results of the backtest were impressive.
$1,000 to $1,040,150.08 on AUD/CAD pair over 10 years!
AUDCAD 10 year backtest – https://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/ranger-ea-v3-audcad-99/264108
GBP/CAD 10 year backtest https://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/ranger-ea-v3-99-modeling/264059
Risks & Limitations
Whilst this EA has posted some impressive results in the past, there are some important risks and limitations that need to be considered.
- Forex trading is very high risk and 100% of your funds are at risk.
- The minimum recommended leverage (according to Ryan Brown) is 1:200, which means in many cases the use of a non-regulated broker (regulated brokers often offer only up to 1:30 leverage)
- The bot has been tested to run on just 2 currency pairs and it is uncertain if it can be run profitably on other currency pairs
- Past performance can only be used as a guide and in no way guarantees future performance.
- The software license does not come with a refund or money-back guarantee. Ryan has committed to helping people who are struggling to set up the software, so support is available but no refunds
- This software is for MT4 only and cannot be used on other platforms (such as mt5)
The Ranger EA will work with just about any broker. However, Ryan believes the optimum leverage for the EA is 1:500. Most brokers who offer this much leverage are unregulated and can be hard to find (especially for those living in the USA). Here is a list of brokers that will offer 1:500 leverage (and the countries they will accept);
LQDFX – Unregulated but accepts customers from the USA
FXPrimus – Leverage up to 1:1000 but does not accept customers from USA
Roboforex – Up to 1:2000 leverage (does not accept USA)
FXChoice – Leverage up to 1:200
Ryan runs a public discord group (you don’t need to have purchased any of his forex robots in order to join). Here is the invitation link – https://discord.com/invite/Ryx9sC8jYQ
What Pairs Does This EA Trade?
The Ranger EA trades GBPCAD & AUDCAD pairs
What Timeframe Does This Forex Robot Use?
It uses M30 and H1 timeframe but should be set up as instructed in the setup guide provided by Ryan.
How Much Does It Cost?
The lifetime license costs $497 or you can pay monthly at $40p/m
I’m A Complete Beginner, Can I Use This Trading Robot?
Yes. This forex robot is very easy to set up and run and full instructions & support is offered by Ryan.
Can I Compound My Returns?
Yes. This bot will auto-compound returns using the default settings.
What Is The Minimum Investment Amount?
There is no minimum investment amount, although your broker may have a minimum deposit. If using a starting balance of less than $1,000 then it is suggested to use a cent account.
Do I Need A VPS?
No, you don’t need a VPS to run Ranger EA, but it is recommended to use one because using a PC or Laptop could mean you miss potential trades (i.e. if it goes to sleep).
What Broker Should I Use?
You can use just about any forex broker that offers MT4. Some brokers that offer the optimum leverage of 1:500 are detailed above.
Do I Need To Pause Or Manage This EA?
You should leave this forex robot constantly running but it does not need any ongoing maintenance.
What Returns Does This EA Make?
Typically it will make between 2%-5% per month, although returns are not guaranteed.
Does This Bot Work On Other Currency Pairs?
The EA may run on other currency pairs, but has only been extensively tested on the 2 main pairs, so running alternative pairs will require testing to ensure they are safe and profitable.
What Leverage Is Needed For This EA?
Ryan suggests the optimum leverage is 1:500, although the bot will run on lower levels of leverage.
Is There Support For Getting Setup?
Yes. If you require support from Ryan whilst setting up this forex robot then please use the contact form on his website or contact him via the Discord group.
Responsible Forex Trading Copy Trading Service Review
As mentioned above, this service is provided by Ryan to allow people to utilize both trading strategies (Ranger and Pinpoint) in the same trading account. This works differently than buying the EA’s because you’re not buying a license for the software but allowing the auto trader to run both strategies in your account. The aim is to maximise profits by combining these 2 profitable strategies. There is also the advantage that the copy trading service is charged for a low monthly subscription, meaning it can be tested for just a few dollars, rather than having to buy the EA’s for a few hundred dollars each.
SharpShooter EA Review
The sharpshooter EA is one of Ryan’s most successful trading bots. It is a scalper that trades EURUSD currency pairs with incredible accuracy and low drawdown. Just check out the latest trading results for this bot;
>> BUY SHARPSHOOTER EA HERE <<
Key Features of Sharpshooter;
- The Sharpshooter includes a trade panel that allows you to take manual trades
- Trades the EURUSD and every day
- Profitable backtests for the past 19 years
- Projected monthly profit of 3-5% a month (default settings)
- Recommended starting account size is $3k
- Recommended leverage is 100:1
- 25-50 scalp trades a week
Powerhouse EA Review
Taking the best elements of all of Ryan’s trading bots, Powerhouse EA combines 5 incredible EA’s into 1 “supercharged” EA. Rather than risking all of the account funds on one strategy, this EA manages risk to trade multiple strategies from the same account, giving a balanced approach that’s effective in all market conditions.
This is probably the most profitable of all Responsible Forex Trading EAs. Here are some of the latest results from live trading accounts;
Here are the key features of this EA;
- Includes the (auto trading) portion of all four RFT EA’s.
- Perfect for the passive trader that wants the best auto-trading tool/algo
- Available for MT4 & MT5
- The 5 RFT strategies trade on 13 combined trading pairs at the same time. Choose all strategies or pick which ones you like best
- 19-year successful backtesting on all 13 trading pairs
- Smart filters to keep all 5 strategies working seamlessly together to maximize profit and minimize drawdown/loss
- Flexible EA settings to accommodate low, med or high risk
- Our default (high-risk) settings can bring in an estimated 4-6% monthly profit
- The Powerhouse EA uses protective stop-losses that can be customized by the user
- Easy installation
- PDF manual that includes helpful installation and settings videos
- Free EA updates and support
- At least $5k, 200:1 leverage is recommended (using high-risk preset)
- At least $10k, 100:1 leverage is recommended (using med-risk preset)
- At least $20k, 50:1 leverage is recommended (using low-risk preset)
Comeback Kid EA Review
Whilst The Comeback Kid EA can run on complete autopilot, it is also slightly different from Ryan’s other EAs in that it can also be used in a semi-automated way to assist with manual trading. Customize this bot to suit your own personal trading style and let it help you consistently lock in profits!
Key features of The Comeback Kid EA;
- Can trade the fantastic 5 indicator system shown on complete auto-pilot
- Has the ability to use an averaging-in flex-grid system focused around key S/R resistance points to recover bad/losing trades. It doesn’t blindly take grid positions. It takes them when the price is most likely to move in your favour! In our opinion, this is the best way to work a grid system.
- Includes a fantastic trend trading system that gives you great entry’s after the trend has a pullback
- Scan your charts 5-10 minutes a day for possible entries. After you take your trade/trades, the EA will handle the rest. It has the ability to close each trade or group of trades in profit/loss based on preference.
- The ability to use single-order, multi-order, flex-grid trading money management
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links, we may earn a commission.
I hope you enjoyed this review of the EAs from Ryan Brown and Responsible Forex Trading. Some of the other forex-related reviews include;